Medical Tourism, where patients travel abroad for medical care, has grown rapidly over the last few years, especially in the area of cosmetic surgery. This is due to high costs and long waiting lists in more established areas sending a new “wave” of patients to far-off sandy beaches in beautiful exotic locations. The key to this “trend” is not just the promise of relaxation and leisure that these countries offer, but also the dramatic increase in modern technology, medical skills and sense of professionalism that they guarantee.
Why should you choose GENESIS Hospital for a Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery?
- GENESIS is the largest Obstetrics-Gynecology-Plastic Surgery Hospital in Northern Greece and the only one focused exclusively on Women.
- It is located in a beautiful natural environment, only a few kilometers from the Thessaloniki international airport (15’ drive).
- It is one of the few Hospitals in Greece that are certified by TEMOS in accordance with the standard “Quality in International Patient Care” for treating foreign patients, while it has also been certified within 2017 with the European standard ΕΝ 15224:2012 and ISO 9001:2015.
- It houses the only Plastic Surgery Department with its own surgeries and treatment rooms, separate from the other departments of the Hospital, thus providing the necessary privacy and isolation.
- With four ultra-modern surgical rooms, a complete Microbiology and Radiology Department and an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), GENESIS provides maximum security to its inpatients.
- Two of the best surgeons in Greece are in charge of the Plastic Surgery department: Dr. Triantafyllos Vrizas and Dr. Dimitris Triantafyllou.
- The Hospital provides excellent organization for foreign patients! All they have to do is reach the airport of Thessaloniki, and the Hospital takes care of the rest!
- Only 1-day of hospitalization is required, in a double room. This can be followed by a 5-day stay in a 4-star Hotel in Panorama, which is close to the Hospital and has a magnificent view towards the city of Thessaloniki and Thermaikos Gulf. Other accommodation options are also given.
- The Hospital provides patients with preoperative and postoperative instructions, as well as personalized telemonitoring after they return to their home country.
GENESIS Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Department
GENESIS has a fully equipped, and the unique in Greece, independent Plastic Surgery Department that consists of 5 operating rooms, with 5 daycare beds and 4 patient rooms with two single beds, where renowned Plastic Surgeons apply the most refined techniques and methods, while in the state-of-the-art Cosmetics-Laser and Anti-aging Department a variety of issues such as wrinkles, spider veins, unwanted hair growth etc. are treated in the best way possible and exclusively by medical staff. Plastic surgery in GENESIS includes the management of major burns, reconstruction of congenital malformations, cosmetic surgery and other minor surgical procedures. This is a medical sector that requires high skill and excellent technological medical facilities, in order to achieve the ultimate goal to restore or upgrade the desired operation of the human body.
|GENESIS Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery Department|
(Prices in € / Local VAT included / Hotel accommodation NOT included)
|Arm lift – 1 day||1.900 €|
|Breast enlargement – 1 day – Implant Included||3.350 €|
|Breast reduction – 1 day||3.170 €|
|Breast uplift – 1 day||2.120 €|
|Facelift – 1 day||2.350 €|
|Nose enlargement – 1 day||2.050 €|
|Nose reshaping – 1 day||2.150 €|
|Tummy tuck – 1 day||3.100 €|
|Liposuction – 1 day||2.750 €|
|Eyelid reduction – Lower eyelids (Blepharoplasty) – ODC||1.780 €|
|Eyelid reduction – Upper and Lower eyelids (Blepharoplasty) – ODC||2.430 €|
|Eyelid reduction – Upper eyelids (Blepharoplasty) – ODC||1.280 €|
|Gynecomastia – 1 day||2.600 €|
|Breast removal – 1 day||2.850 €|
|Breast reconstruction surgery – 1 day – Implant Included||6.200 €|
GENESIS International Certifications
GENESIS Hospital has been certified according to Temos “Quality in International Patient Care”. Since April 2016, GENESIS Hospital is the new member of Temos network of certified healthcare units in Greece, according to the Temos Certification Program, “Quality in International Patient Care”.
Diplomatic Council (DC) Preferred Partner Hospital. On June 2016, the quality seal of “Diplomatic Council (DC) – Preferred Partner Hospital” was awarded to GENESIS HOSPITAL after the successful passing of the Temos International quality program.
Certification EN 15224:2012. Since July 2017, GENESIS is certified in accordance with the International Standard EN 15224:2012, which is designed specifically for the health care sector. The standard focuses on the health services delivery and risk management.
International Quality Standard ISO 9001:2015. GENESIS is certified as a whole in accordance with the International Quality Standard ISO 9001:2015 by the official certification body TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS. Scope: Provision of Primary and Secondary Health Care Services in the fields of Obstetrics, Gynecology, General Surgery, Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery.
Plastic Surgeons: Heads of the GENESIS Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery Department
CV- Dimitris Triantafyllou
Dimitris Triantafyllou graduated from the Experimental School of the University of Thessaloniki, as well as from the Military Medical School (SAAS) with honors.
He was further educated in the United States and more specifically in the Washington University of St. Louis, with which he maintains close relations and which he visits annually. He was director of Healthcare in the Dodecanese, curator in 424 General Military Training Hospital (GSNE).
He held the rank of Chief Medical Officer and the position of Plastic Surgery Director in 424 GSNE; he retired with the rank of General Chief Medical Officer (Colonel). He has presented scientific papers and speeches in many conferences. He is a member of the Plastic Surgery company (www.herpas.gr) and a candidate Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has been a Research Fellow and a Keynote speaker for the GENESIS Hospital for 10 years, as well as a Research Fellow of Euromedica in Rhodes.
CV- Triantafyllos Vrizas
He was born in Drama on 1964 and has graduated from High School. He is a graduate of the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1982-1988).
He served in the army and the Community Hospital of Vathytopos (Nevrokopi, Prefecture of Drama) (1988-1990).
He completed the prerequisite training in Surgery and Orthopedics in the General Hospital of the Prefecture of Drama, as well as Plastic Surgery training in Great Britain (Whiston Hospital – Liverpool, George Eliot Hospital Birmingham, Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter) in a paid trainee position, grade of House Officer, Registrar and Senior Registrar (1992-1997).
He acquired his specialization title in March 1998 and he has been practicing medicine privately since 1998 in Thessaloniki. He is scientific director of the Plastic Surgery department of the GENESIS Hospital and he collaborates with the Hospitals of St. Loukas, Kyanous Stavros, Interbalkan Medical Center and General Hospital of Thessaloniki. He is working on a doctoral dissertation in A.U.TH., while he has been on post-training trips for information on new techniques in the U.S.A., Sweden, Netherlands and Great Britain. He has participated in the writing and presentation of papers in multiple conferences in Greece and abroad; he has been trained in Hands-on seminars abroad, while he participated in the writing of the chapter on “Microsurgery” in the book of Orthopedics of the Medical School of A.U.TH.